Aldersgate will provide crackers,drinks,condiments (sour cream, jalapenos, chopped onions, cheese,) and papergoods (bowls, spoons, napkins.)
1. All entries should arrive by 10:30 am, prepared, hot and ready to eat, delivered in a crock-pot. Judging will begin promptly at 11:00. Each chili will be assigned a number. Blind, anonymous judging will be done by our panel of judges, or by attendees' votes for the People's Choice award.
2. A list of ingredients, as well as the hotness level (mild, medium, hot or super hot) must accompany your chili.
3. Contestants provide all chili ingredients. If your chili requires condiments other than those listed above, please provide them.
4. The chili recipe must make enough chili to provide at least 12 half-cup servings.
5. All chili must be homemade. Chili mixes may be used, but NO PURCHASED CHILI will be allowed.
6. Chili may be made with or without beans and/or fillers (macaroni, etc.) All entries will be judged together—no subcategories.
7. Cash prizes will be awarded for first, second, and third places. The winner of the People's Choice Award will receive a gift card. The judges' decisions are final. In case of a tie, the prize money will be divided between the two contestants.
8. Each entry may be created by an individual or a team. Only one entry per individual or team.
9. Entrants must pick up their chili by 1:00 pm, February 16th. Any chili remaining will be donated to the Salvation Army.