Sunday Morning Guidelines
We are Back!!
Church services will look a little different, but we can’t wait to be together again!
The Aldersgate leadership along with the church council has made some decisions for our Sunday morning services. We will back worshiping in-person starting June 21st. We are working hard to provide a safe environment for everyone.
Governor Abbott has opened houses of worship with some guidelines.
Here is what to expect from our worship services:
- Along with the in-person worship, we will continue to stream our Sunday morning worship services on Facebook and YouTube. We will return to our two services, 9:00am traditional worship and 11:00 am modern worship. Both services will be online and in-person.
- We are asking everyone to enter through the north or south side doors. The doors will be propped open to minimize touching. The east and west doors will remain closed. The east parking lot will be closed for parking. We encourage you park in the north, west or south side street parking lots.
- We will rope off every other pew for the 9:00 am services and eliminate rows of chairs in the 11:00am service to maintain social distancing.
- We will NOT have any regular scheduled activities through July 31st. This includes: Sunday school, children’s church (kids goody bags will be available during service), summer camps, all summer activities etc.
- We have removed all hymnals, bibles, connect and prayer cards. If you have a prayer request we encourage you to email or fill-out the prayer form on our homepage. aldersgateabilene.org
- For those giving their tithes and offerings we will have plates and baskets inside the worship spaces for your convenience. We will not pass plates. You can continue to give online at https://www.aldersgateabilene.org/giving/ or at the kiosk in the hallway or in the fellowship hall.
- We will not have communion in either service, or our hospitality bar of coffee and donuts.
- We will have hand sanitizer readily available and you’re encouraged to use it. We will disinfect all commonly touched surfaces.
What can you do:
- We will greet you with a smile and a wave. Please refrain from handshakes and hugs at this time.
- Have grace with people. Everyone has different perspectives so let’s be loving and kind towards all.
- Wear your own mask. We encourage you to wear a mask, and to take whatever precautions make you feel comfortable.
- Please do not gather in groups while at Aldersgate. We will encourage you to social distance in our community garden instead.
- Please stay home and enjoy our online services, if you are in the at-risk categories or if you are feeling sick, showing signs of respiratory issues, have a fever, or have been exposed to someone sick.
- If you have any questions email
Grace and Peace!